Sometimes the simplest things are best and these glazed carrots finished with some tangy caraway seeds is just the thing.
- 4 small carrots (cut into batons)
- 400ml cold water
- 80g unsalted butter
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds (toasted)
- Just cover the carrots with cold water and add a good knob of butter, 2-tablespoon honey and salt and pepper
- Bring to the boil and simmer the carrots for 5 - 7 minutes until the carrots are slightly under cooked
- Remove the carrots and allow to cool naturally.
- Reduce the cooking liquor until it becomes syrupy and turn off until you are ready to serve.
- Place the carrots back into the syrup and reheat very quickly.
- Finish by adding the toasted caraway seeds on top of the carrots.
Cut, cook and refrigerate the carrots and store in the fridge until required (up to 2 days in advanced).