Our version of the Christmas Cracker is an easy to make, spicy aromatic treat combining the mild heat of red curry paste and the sweet flavour of tiger prawns and filo pastry.
- 6 tiger prawns (shell removed & butterflied open)
- 1 tsp. thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 packet filo pastry
- oil for frying & brushing pastry
- Peel and butterfly the prawns leaving the tail attached.
- Mix the curry paste and fish sauce together, add the prawns and mix well.
- Cut the filo pastry into 4 even squares, placing the prawn on top so the tail comes just off the edge of the pastry closest to you. Fold the top edge over the prawn and roll from left to right to encase the prawn. Brush with a little oil or melted butter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for approx 6 – 7 minutes until crisp and golden.
For an extra spicy hot flavour marinade the prawns 24 hours in advance before wrapping them in the filo pastry.
Use a piece of kitchen roll to help remove the intestinal track from the tiger prawn to avoid the prawns slipping out of your hand.